Terms and Conditions, Site Rules, Health and Safety.
Health and Safety
- The water points provide mains-fed drinking water and can be found at both ends of the site clearly marked "drinking water".
- For hygiene purposes, we do not have hoses attached.
- A chemical and waste disposal point can be found near the entrance of the site clearly marked "Elsan point" with a separate water supply from a water butt for rinsing your chemical toilet and the lid area; this is NOT drinking water.
- Dustbins and recycling bins are in the Elsan area. Please use these for all recyclable materials to help our environment.
- Please put all non-recycling rubbish in plastic bags with the tops tied, into the bins. Do not leave any bags beside the bins, as the local wildlife will empty them during the night. Also please avoid leaving sharp objects or broken glass where they could become a hazard.
- Two Hoots campsite and the surrounding county lanes have no lighting whatsoever; it is advisable to bring a good torch.
- Once on site please make yourselves aware of the nearest fire point.
- We have an abundance of wildlife in the area and often have sheep and lambs in the adjoining field. Pregnant women should avoid any contact with sheep and lambs and may wish to seek advice before booking.
Terms and Conditions.
- When booking-in you will be asked to fill in a form with different info. for vans, huts or pods i.e. dates you wish to stay, your name, address, mobile telephone number, number of adults in your vehicle, size/type of vehicle, registration number, any pets and e-mail address if you would like info. on special events.
- Payments for touring pitches are requested in advance of your stay. Electric use is paid on departure.
- Payments for huts, pods and touring pitches should be made in full at the time of booking, or if booking via e-mail, payment must be made within 24 hours of our confirmation booking e-mail being sent. If we have not received payment within this time the booking will not be held.
- When you make a booking, we store your contact and holiday information in our booking system. This information is only held for the purposes of managing this and future bookings.
- We do not accept payment by cheque.
- Personal information is not shared with any other third parties if booking direct with Two Hoots. If booked using a voucher from an external site, they require us to provide some of your details when redeeming it, i.e. name, telephone number, email, voucher number, date booked, date of event, etc. You will have agreed this on purchasing their voucher.
- Two Hoots Campsite is not responsible for information on external websites.
- We will provide a summary of any personal information held upon request. This information will only be sent to the e-mail address held with the booking that is associated with it.
- A key loss deposit of £10 will be asked for on arrival; this will be refunded when the key is returned
- You must be over 18 years old to make a booking and to stay on a pitch or in a Hut or Pod.
- We do not take group bookings, however small.
- Two Hoots accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to persons or property whilst on site.
- Two Hoots reserves the right to refuse any pitch, hut or pod unit to any persons at our discretion. In these cases all site fees or deposits will be refunded in full and the contract discharged.
- Two Hoots reserves the right to change your hut, pod or pitch allocation in certain circumstances.
Refunds, Cancellations and No-Shows
- Please ensure dates are correct when booking as payments and vouchers are non-refundable, however we can offer alternative nights for the length of your stay if given 4 weeks notice. If booking long periods please consider taking out holiday insurance.
- Any date changes or cancellations up to 4 weeks before your booking date will incur an admin charge of £15.
- Any date changes within 4 weeks will incur a £15 admin charge and will only be accepted if the original dates are re-booked. If you wish to re-book before these dates are re-let you will need to make payment for the new dates, which will be refunded (minus any card charges) if and when the original dates are re-booked.
- If we have to cancel due to circumstances beyond our control you will receive a refund for the nights we have had to cancel, but we will not otherwise be liable for any loss caused by cancellation or alteration.
- All voucher nights must be taken before the expiry date. No vouchers can be used or re-booked after the expiry date. If altering a voucher night, the stay must be taken before the original expiry date
In the event of a dispute concerning a booking which can not be resolved directly the European Commission has set up a the Online Dispute Resolution website dedicated to helping consumers and traders resolve their disputes out-of-court:
...would have just liked to say be careful, considerate and thoughtful to others and leave it at that, but that doesn't cut it these days...
- A strict 5 mph speed limit operates on site at all times. Care should be taken when leaving the site onto the lane and gaining access onto the main highway.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Huts, Pods or on decking areas, nor is it permitted in the main building or under walkways.
- Please do not throw cigarette ends on the ground or in the bushes; we can supply jars for ash and cigarette ends.
- Awning groundsheets are not permitted.
- Generators are not permitted.
- Please vacate the site by 10:30 am (12 noon if in caravan or motorhome).
- Arrival time no earlier than 3:00 pm due to single-track lane with few passing places.
- Please do not use washing lines although window dryers are acceptable.
- Do not tie or hang anything from or over the trees, bushes or fencing.
- No pets are allowed on site.
- Radio/television/music etc must not be to the annoyance of the other campers. A good rule of thumb is, if it can be heard from the next Pitch/Hut/Pod then it is too loud.
- No parties are permitted on site.
- Please think of others regarding noise at all times and keep noise to a minimum between the hours of 10:00 pm and 9:00 am especially if returning to the campsite late evening, so as not to disturb your fellow campers and our neighbours each end of the site, as they may well be asleep.
- No touring van movements on site between 10 pm and 8 am.
- Remember to close car doors and gates quietly.
- Please respect other camper's privacy.
- External gas bottles are not permitted, nor are they permitted in or near the pods.
- BBQ's are only permitted on the designated paved areas or on gravel and if you have advised us beforehand.
- Please do not tip used oil or boiling water onto the grass and keep hot pans/kettles raised as these also scorch the grass.
- For pods and huts we have a few table racks available should you wish to place a disposable BBQ on top. These must be cleaned and returned.
- BBQ's are the responsibility of the camper; remember the coals stay hot well after your food is cooked so please double check that they are completely extinguished after use, and should be disposed of in the metal bin with lid which is located in the Elsan/recycling area.
- Open fires of any kind are strictly forbidden as is the discharge of fireworks and Chinese lanterns on the campsite and surrounding areas.
- Pods, porch areas, and all undercover areas are strictly no cooking of any kind, no smoking, and no naked flame areas; this includes candles, joss sticks and everything that can burn or melt.
- No vehicles or cycles of any kind are to be driven/ridden around the site for amusement.
- Ball games, frisbees, and all air-bourne games are not permitted onsite.
- No excessive use of water i.e. washing of vehicles or paddling pools etc.
- General conduct: If in our opinion anyone staying onsite is considered to be of unreasonable behaviour, causing annoyance or detrimental to either our interests or those of other campers or our neighbours they will be asked to leave immediately.
- Visitors are not permitted, nor is there parking for visitors.
Contract Terms: please note these rules and conditions form the basis of our contract with you. Booking, payment or entry to the site implies acceptance of these and any other rules we may display on site.
Please let us know if you are concerned about any aspect of the campsite facilities provided.